The stained glass windows at Trinity Church Rocky Hill are beautiful tributes to our faith and our fellow parishioners. For a small church, built by the hands of our forefathers and foremothers, these windows were (and still are) a source of pride for the "little church with a big heart".
St. Paul's Window The Saint Paul's Window is dated June 7, 1903. The illustration is of Saint Paul delivering a sermon. It bears the inscription: "Bear Ye One Another's Burdens and So Fulfill the Law of Christ - Galatians 6.2" A brass plaque below the window list the donors - members of the Saint Paul Society at Princeton University, many of whom acted as lay readers or became ministers at Trinity Church Rocky Hill.
George William Phillips Memorial Window This memorial window dates from 1899. The illustrations are of a dove and a cross. Its inscription reads: "To the Glory of God and In the Memory of George William Phillips November 27, 1827 - September 27, 1898." The window was given by his widow, Jane Elizabeth Phillips.
Jane Elizabeth Phillips Memorial Window This window dates from 1909. The illustrations depicts the story of the loaves and fishes. The window bears the inscription: "To the Glory of God and in loving memory of Jane Elizabeth Phillips, October 12, 1847 - March 27, 1906 She Hath Done What She Could". The window was given as a gift from her estate.
Catherine McFarlane Memorial Window This window is painted, not stained, glass and dates from the early 1920s. The illustration is of Jesus and one of the wise virgins from the parable of the foolish virgins. It has two inscriptions: "They That Were Ready Went In With Him to the Marriage" and "To the Glory of God and in Loving Memory of Catherine Estelle McFarlane, Entered the Life Everlasting June 20, 1921."
Revolinsky Window This window was dedicated in March 1991. The illustration is of Mary, the Mother of Jesus. It bears the inscription: "In loving memory of Victoria Revolinsky DeCicco and Mary Rogan Lyons by their children who were married in this church 7 October 1990." It was given by Larry and Michael DeCicco in memory of their mothers.
Tree of Life Window This window dates from the 1960s. The illustrations are of the Tree of Life, with fish in the center as the symbol of Christianity. The window is given by Mr. Thomas C. Cook.
Robert N. Smyth Memorial Window Reverend Robert N. Smyth was the first vicar of Trinity Rocky Hill, and served in this capacity from 1946 - 1970. The window dates from 1989, and depicts the Celtic cross. The window was given by family and friends.
John W. Rightmire Memorial Window This Memorial Window dates from 1980. It was designed by his widow, Sue Rightmire, and depicts the Dove of Peace. It bears the inscription "Given by Relatives and Friends".
Mary and Jesus Illumination This illuminated stained glass frame depicts Mary and her son Jesus. It is from the1960s. It was the gift of Mrs. Thomas G. Cook.
In the 1970s, Betty Flanders, a parishioners of Trinity Church Rocky Hill began an ambitious needlepoint project, for which we are grateful. She lovingly, and beautfully, stitched the kneelers that surround our altar. These kneelers are yet another example of the personal touches that makes Trinity Church Rocky Hill "the little church with the big heart" . Thank you Betty!
We Would Love TO HAVE YOU WORSHIP WITH US and Be a Part of our community! In the spirit of Jesus Christ, Trinity Episcopal Church Rocky Hill extends a warm welcome to all persons regardless of age, race, ethnicity, economic or marital status, gender or sexual orientation.
One Park Avenue P.O. Box 265 Rocky Hill, NJ 08553